What Happens After I Enroll?
Once you join a UVM Health Advantage Medicare Advantage Plan, you will receive these things by mail:
A confirmation letter from MVP Health Care in about 10 days, letting you know we received your application and that Medicare has approved your enrollment in your UVM Health Advantage Medicare Advantage plan.
- You can use this letter at doctor appointments until your UVM Health Advantage Member ID card arrives.
Your UVM Health Advantage Member ID card
- Always carry and show your UVM Health Advantage membership card when you visit your doctor, pharmacy, or dentist.
- Keep your Medicare card at home for your records.
A verification letter from MVP Health Care, if you are leaving an employer group plan – as required by Medicare to verify that you are familiar with the terms of your new health plan.
A note about prior authorization
Prior authorization is a process in which MVP Health Care works with you and your doctors to make sure you receive medically-necessary, high-quality medical treatment at a reasonable cost. Some services require prior authorization by MVP Health Care regardless of whether these services are given by MVP Health Care contracted or non-contracted providers.
Some examples of services needing prior authorization include:
- Diagnostic services, such as CT scans and MRIs
- Admissions to transitional care units, acute rehabilitation, and skilled nursing facilities
- Durable medical equipment
- Home care services
- Implants and internal prosthetics
- Select prescription drugs
Most often, your family doctor will begin the process and request authorization whenever it is needed. If you need or want a medical service not available from a provider who contracts with UVM Health Advantage, you may refer yourself to a non-contracted provider.
Remember that it may cost you more to receive medical services from a provider who is not contracted with UVM Health Advantage.
Learn more about UVM Health Advantage Medicare plans:
Request a UVM Health Advantage Plan Benefit Kit!
Get benefit details, compare plans and more when you request your FREE Plan Benefit kit now.Get the Kit
UVM Health Advantage Plan Guides are here to help.
Get expert guidance to help you understand your options, ﬁnd the right plan and make sure your transition to your new plan goes smoothly with no disruption to your care.
1-833-368-4592 (TTY 711)
Seven days a week, 8 a.m.-8 p.m. Eastern Time
April 1-September 30, Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-8 p.m.